Monday, June 3, 2013

"Peanut Butter & Sour Patch Sandwiches," the Sticker-Faced Uncle Suggested.

I had the pleasure of spending my short time in Syracuse watching my nephews in Manlius and catching up with quality kid time. They played pirates, superheroes, Temple Run, Wii, and Legos, while I created a new syllabus and tuned another one to get ready for the summer teaching that begins next week. Also had a great run before Casey and Dave left climbing hills and retreating from them in the morning rain. The boys told me that they wanted to run, too, so in the afternoon we did a lap around the neighborhood. Sean was good the entire way, but Jacob stopped and whined, "Okay, I'm done with this running thing. Can we go home?"

For lunch, they both wanted Peanut Butter sandwiches, but Jacob needed more convincing to eat his because, quote, "I only like them the way that my mother makes them." I think I won, however, when I lined Sour Patch kids on the bread.

Later, Jacob ran to me and told me a story about a Crab who brought a present to his Uncle Bryan and it turned out to be bubbles. Of course, this story came with stickers that he also stuck on my face.

And the heat gave way to more reasonable temperatures for June. Nothing like cool Canadian air to counter the humidity that greeted me when I arrived on Saturday.




No comments:

Post a Comment