Friday, August 23, 2013

How demented am I?

My sister has watched for several seasons. I believe my mother has been a fan just as long. Me? Last season. I don't remember the names or the specifics, but I knew I became a summer addict to see the manipulating, conniving, lies, game-play, and ridiculousness of the Big Brother household.

That is why I came back for the second season. I am Big Brother. I watch how people behave and I have my opinions and I know how I want the game to go.

So, last night, Thursday night, I watched once again as Helen was voted out. I know she and Amanda are master manipulators and, in the end, Amanda overpowered others in the house (weaklings) to sway the vote. But then there was a chance for redemption. The jury could return to compete.

What a silly addiction and waste of time. But, I'm hooked. I can't help it. The show pulls me in and makes me reflect on humanity, both the good and the bad. It makes me realize that the corruption in the household is the truth of the actual work game in life. Everyone is willing to sacrifice the other in order to advance their own agenda. It's tragic, but a reality. The metaphor of this show is actually rather accurate. Yes, that sucks, but it is as it is in a dog-eat-dog, criminal world. Interesting that I'm coming to this revelation on a day that President Obama visited Syracuse and, cough cough, promoted Say Yes To Education. Yep, it is not a fair or honest world.

Fart. And I have to wait until Sunday. Admitting to this is cathartic. I'm an American loser, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment