Wednesday, December 4, 2013

No Cowboys, probably no steaks, and I doubt J.R. Ewing will show his face #LRA13

The bags are packed: slacks, ties, dress shirts, and argyle sweaters. I have my meds to keep my wisdom tooth from getting too wise (until I return to Connecticut and have it pulled). I've arranged my shuttle and rechecked flights and hotel arrangements. I've messed these up once too often.

I also brought two good books for the trip, and a copy of Kwame Alexander's Acoustic Rooster (picked up by Cracker Barrel as their book of the year) so I can plan the professional development for Hill Central to be delivered the Monday I return! Duck Ellington - it's you and me, kid.

The paper was sent to the discussant (a hero, Gerald Campano), I have directions on where to upload it, and my presentation and symposium are almost there.

Most importantly, however, I'm looking forward to the reunion with many of my mentors and colleagues (can't wait to see Kelly, Kristiina, and Marcelle). An end-of-the-semester rendezvous right before semester projects come in always throws my head into a tizzy, but it is good energy and recharges my batteries and hopes for knowing more about literacy in the 21st century. Seriously, the best of the best are always in attendance at LRA. I am very thankful to reunite with my scholarly communities.

Let the sojourn begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment