Friday, April 26, 2013

Birmingham Sheraton - Boo On You

I am being a brat. Actually, I'm being an obsessive brat. I can't believe in this day and age that a hotel would charge $10 a day for Internet services. That is terrible and totally uncalled for. I had to leave the hotel to find a spot simply to connect to the world. I know. I know. I should deconnect but 99% of my life is digitally oriented. I can't stand not having access to my whims and fancies.

inhale. exhale.

Birmingham is nice. I arrived safely. The moon was beautiful, but it took us an hour and a half to find a restaurant that was open (at 7 p.m.). Similar to Albuquerque everything is closed and dead. It is sort of eerie.

Tomorrow, however, we're scheduled for a lot of events and we're hoping to see people. Real people.

I also missed the southern accent. When they asked me what day I would be checking out, I thought they asked me if I would like to have chicken out. I responded, "Oh, I don't know. I'm not sure what we want to eat."

AND I forgot how s  l   o   w   life is. Things get done when they get done.

But the internet. It's not like I'm at the Disney compound!

No comments:

Post a Comment