Monday, April 8, 2013

It's Monday and I Don't See My Self Getting Through The Week

But I will get there somehow.

Last night, while watching the Louisville/California and UCONN/Notre Dame games on mute, I reviewed six research proposals for a conference, caught up on course reading, updated a few blogs on agenda items, mailed state legislators, finally worked through emails I neglected last week (those I could get to - most I could not), and aligned my calendar, Monday-Friday. I'm not kidding when I say every second is scheduled.

When I first was hired I wondered why I had an administrative assistant. Now I know why - she keeps me sane and, if I had more time, I'd be able to work with her more to keep track of my schedule and to deal with the work the two of us must accomplish together. Sad as it is, I went in yesterday to prepare a pile of items that I must talk with her about this morning.

I remembering watching my advisor with awe while at Syracuse and remembered when a fellow Doc student said, "She is awesome because she is efficient." I am trying to be that way, too, but am feeling rather soaked at the moment.

But this, too, shall pass and I will appreciate the down time when it comes (like it did on Saturday when I chilled out for the NCAA tournament).

ah, Monday. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment