Friday, April 12, 2013

Scholarship Awards Dinner and A Weekend Ahead

I'm trying to keep my energy up on Friday, but after two 15-hour days, I'm ready to throw in the towel. With that said, the scholarship dinner for our graduate students that was held in Weston, Connecticut last night was a great evening of find food, playing dress up, and articulating appreciation for outstanding graduate students.

It was, however, on a Thursday night after an extremely busy workweek and I am very anxious for the weekend to come. I simply want to chill out in a pair of sweatpants and clean up my computer desktop, write the recommendations that are piling up, and begin to create a plan-of-action for the upcoming week which will be just as busy.

Of course, today will continue with more of the same: day trip to a few high schools and a meeting to get ready for Alabama next week. Things are flying by quickly.

I do wish, however, to give a shout out to Nikki and the Northstars who are competing for a spot at Dayton finals in the Scholastic Open category. They've been drinking a lot of Starbucks this season when the WGI judges prefer Dunkin Donuts. They should be proud, however - they've done the best with the show written for them and they can only carry a concept so far. Here's to the hard work of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment