Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ouch. Period. Just Ouch.

Like the majority of basketball fans across the U.S. I was horrified, struck, fascinated, and disgusted by Kevin Ware's freak break during Sunday's game against Duke. When he went up my first thought was  with admiration for the height he can get - but then he landed and I jumped out of my seat. I thought, "Did I just see that?"

I thought it was my imagination and then they did the replay. Nope. Of course everyone else in the room didn't see it so I Googled it. Yep. I was right.

Then the next morning the still shots surfaced. Ah, that is why the boys crouched down in prayer. That is why everyone was crying, including Pitino. That was why there was silence. The Tibia snapped and definitely jutted out of the skin. It also explained the rubbery leg phenomenon that occurred when he walked on the other leg. It dangled rather peculiarly. Then he fell.

Ouch. Plain Ouch.

Now, there's a part of me that wants to link to the still photos but I think I've seen enough of them. I will allow you to do your own Google search (Melissa and Ginette Piel did last night and their reaction was uncomfortable laughter. I made them sleep outside. Actually, Ginette handled it like a nurse. I made her sleep in the street with all the traffic).

So, Kevin Ware. Heal. From the reports, it looks like you are on the road to recovery rather fast. With that said, however, the psycho-sematic pain in my leg as I write this is all your fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment