Saturday, April 6, 2013

Deconstructing Violence Workshop at CCSU, then BASKETBALL

I'm off to the Literacy Essentials conference in New Britain, Connecticut, to present on the No More Violence project's influence on teaching literature - a workshop in response to December 14th. No, I'm not wearing my colors, although this is what I wore to work yesterday. I got many strange looks on campus, but that's okay - students are used to seeing turkeys on their campus.

The conference ends at 4 p.m. and my mind is already on the two game's this evening. I know enough about the sport to realize it can end at any time and when it does, it is PTSD. I don't know how to pace my weeks or schedule television time. I don't know what to do with the hours where I'm not multitasking in front of the games.

There will be 500 teachers attending tomorrow and I'm hoping my session gets a few participants. You never know about these things and although I prepared for 40, I may have 100 or 0. It will also be great to see Sue Das and Colette Bennett who are also presenting (participants from the 2012 ISI at Fairfield). I will also get to reunite with Nick Chanese, Steve Ostrowski, and Lynda Valerie from Central Connecticut State University. 50 miles away and many decisions to make: do I watch the games at home or go to a bar with friends? I'm superstitious. I don't think I should leave my living room for the games. AND I hope KC is NOT watching. I repeat, little sister, I hope KC is NOT watching. We all know what happens when KC watches basketball. KC is NOT allowed to turn on a television until after Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment