Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Holidays, Lois. As the December Chill Makes Me Crack My Knuckles, You Are On My Mind @CWPFairfield

A year ago this weekend, Lois, Pam, and I created one of my favorite memories since arriving to Connecticut. We planned to get together, but because of the cold we stayed home. Instead of driving somewhere to be together, we proceeded to sing Christmas carols and to make silly videos that we sent to one another on our phones and iPads. The three of us partied, even though we were in the comforts of our own homes. We laughed hysterically, too, and promised one another we would keep the videos forever.

A few days later, we created this photograph (left) on Lois's desktop in the CWP office - Lois sandwiched by her younger twin siblings separated by birth and seven years apart. I love this photograph because it represents the joy and love we had in one another's company, not only at Fairfield, but in our personal lives as well.

I am thinking about Lois every day: her creativity, humor, zest for life, and irreplaceable ability to keep a positive attitude even in the most difficult times. So much of what I've been able to accomplish in a short period of time in Connecticut is due to the magic that was Lois Minto. This magic is more special at this time of year. Lois is far from forgotten. She is the I's, L's, and Y's I now see everywhere.

Tonight is the annual GSEAP holiday party and it won't be the same without Lois as my date. I am looking at the Duck painting from last year that she convinced me to give away during the holiday swap. Then, two hours later, she chose to swap the gift to take home with her. Why? She was thinking creatively and, in February, she returned it to me as a present that now hangs on my wall.

Happy Holidays, Angel. I continue to buy lottery tickets in your honor. Elephant Shoe. Let there be peace on Earth, and let it begin with me, as it once was modeled through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment