Sunday, December 8, 2013

Ice-Scream, You-Scream, We All-Scream for cancelled flights. #LRA13

Hey, Dallas, let me know if you want to do something today. It looks like I'm not getting out. Santa, what do I want for Christmas? How about another evening in my hotel? Put this on your credit card, will ya?

All American flights are cancelled for Saturday and they say the quickest I can get out is 5:50 on Sunday where I will arrive at the earliest 11 pm.. I will take it. In the meantime, I need to get ready for the PD I'm conducting in New Haven on Monday. I will be okay as long as I can get home and have time to get materials ready. Eeks.

I forgot how joyful freezing rain is - it doesn't crunch like snow or drip away like rain. It just sticks, stays, and lingers, making it difficult to maneuver about, to walk, to drive, or to fly. Sidewalks and roads? slick.

I have to admit, though, that I'm okay with this. Why? I now have 24 hours in Dallas, unplanned, where I can grade and think about a lot of things I rarely have time to do. I will roll with this like a tumbleweed. It is Texas after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment