Sunday, February 3, 2013

My Words With Friends/Scramble Community

As the new year rolled around, I decided I know longer would play Draw Something because it was sucking too much of my time and the doodles were becoming repetitious. I opted to keep Words With Friends, however, because it's like playing Scrabble in slow motion and I actually love it. Alice, Charlie and I used to play in Kentucky while drinking New Castle and, although not the same, it's good to keep up with them in this capacity.

I must admit, though, that I traded Draw Something with Scramble. I quickly enjoyed the word game and became better at it, although I am thinking I might need to cut back one game. Pre-cyberspace, families got together for game nights a couple times a year. Now it's as if I'm playing multiple games daily and when I go to sleep, I'm seeing blocks of letters and looking for words. It does seem, though, that since I've been playing Scramble to unwind, I'm sleeping better.

I suppose this is why living in Europe would be more fun, especially if I relied on trains to get to work. I could play my games then rather in the morning when I wake up and right before I go to bed. It really is a phenomenal distraction, but it keeps me competitive with communities of people I love. And, I confess, it is the first thing to go when I am extremely overwhelmed with other responsibilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment