Friday, February 22, 2013

Perhaps, like wine, I get better with age...

or maybe not, but at least I tell myself that.

I'm aiming for a less beer more wine weekend in my post-40 life. Why? Well, I don't feel as heavy and it still brings me to that relaxed place of community, easy, and Friday celebration -it's the end of a work week.

I know that being an academic (or teacher for that matter) does not often see a division between a week of labor and a weekend of catching up, but at least it brings about 48 hours without meetings and a chance to go for Merlot or Pinot Noir. I simply like sipping redness to channel my Grannie Annie and to toast a glass to my sister, Cynde, who I'd share a glass with if I still lived in Syracuse.

I could easily live a life of wine tasting, cheese and crackers. Yes, I love my imported beers, but wine is more economical and a lot better for the bulge. So, here's to the weekend, to Saturday, to the Syracuse/Georgetown basketball game and to you.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment