Saturday, February 9, 2013

We found Nemo, or he found us

It's too bad Nemo came because he caused me to take the day of to write at home. I got up at seven, began to edit, and before I knew it it was 9 p.m.

I avoided all calls, all emails, all Facebook postings and all texts as I obsessed on editing a paper just to be, perhaps, accepted as a community member in the Literacy Research Association yearbook. The photo to the right with Dory would be appropriate for my day if I actually had company to experience the storm with. Grumpy Bryan, I know.

I am stoked with myself for accomplishing my goal, but mad at the universe for not providing any time to get that task done earlier. I've been trying to do it since December and, sad, I had to complete it on the due date. I'm not thrilled by this. I like to have more space in my life to revise and edit. Oh well. I met my goal and only time will tell.

Meanwhile, what the heck, Nemo? At 9:30 I went outside to see what you were up to. We can't see and it's very white. I'd say about 10 inches have fell and the winds are outrageous. I'm hoping you'll let us keep our electricity, but I do have xmas gifts of light if you decide to call on the muses from previous storms.

Tomorrow, I will join the rest of Connecticut in digging out. I think it is supposed to end at 1 p.m. and my goal is to wake up, drink coffee, and read. I'm used to this sort of snowfall in Syracuse but have become a bit spoiled by my expensive New England life. Sure, it's ridiculous to pay rent here, but the snow isn't so bad...unless a Blizzard hits and the winds whistle through all your windows.

Actually, I'm fascinated by it all and only wish I was in a mental place to appreciate the absolute stillness caused by it all. There is no traffic. Everyone is stuck. If only it could last for a little longer.

Wait, now they are calling her Charlotte...who decides these things?

No comments:

Post a Comment