Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Skipping across communities like a rock thrown across a stream.

Boing. Boing. Boing.

Stratford is still closed and so is Bridgeport. Although my street is cleared, the others are still blocked. Communities are getting together to have neighborhood snow parties. Why? So they can get out of their neighborhoods to the main roads that are clear. They're doing this with shovels.

This photo is a bit obscured. This was Sunday when the phenomena began and when the sky was clear. Yesterday, we got freezing rain, then a day of mist, followed by amazing fog. This resulted in the abundant fluffy snow turning into abundant heavy, wet, slushy snow. It was easier to move two days ago. It was like moving bricks, today.

The city of Bridgeport remains shut down until Thursday. Most roads are impassable. Then, on my street, the flooding has begun. In front of my house a lake formed because the melting snow had nowhere to go. The banks were too high, so the water was contained between both sides of the road. The town came through and put orange cone markers up to slow people down, but they washed away. Sad as it is, they look like deceased koi on the side of the road.

Meanwhile, other towns are humming back to normal and I have work to do. Fairfield University will be open and I have portfolio scoring in Easton during the day. There's a global literacy initiative tomorrow night that I'm a part of.. Zoom...my life is back to normal, even if Nemo has turned everything upside down.

And I hope I get there.

This is definitely not Syracuse (and really? are they really calling for possibly two more storms this week?).

Mind mind is rather numb to the reality that I had three days off from the work and grind of a workweek, but I spent most of it with a plow or shovel in hand. I accomplished some, but not all. And we're off again

No comments:

Post a Comment