Thursday, January 24, 2013

A post to remember how awful I feel with this cold...

Anyone who knows me soon realizes how much I detest going to the doctors. Yet, it seems once a year (this year twice - the ankle) I've needed to throw in my pride and ego simply to get help. I am so thankful I went.

The flu shot is only 67% successful, and I fall in the 33% where it failed. Actually, the doctor (and she was one of the best I've ever visited with) told me that this year's outbreak mutates too fast and lingers. I'm wondering if I've had variations of it since last semester.

I was fine Tuesday and on the road to recovery, but when I woke up yesterday, I couldn't move. I ached everywhere and nothing would unclog my head. I couldn't take it because I need to get better. I'm now on nasal stereoids and more Mucinex D. The doctor also found what she called years worth of build up wax in my left ear (fun). It hurt tremendously when she pulled it out and then started bleeding. These are reasons I don't go to doctors. I don't need to have my flaws pointed out to me. "Do you know you also have psoriasis all over your back?" she asked. "I responded, "Why not?" as I noticed patches on my elbow, too.

I wore this hat to bed and to the office. It was a Christmas gift from my mom and has become my safety helmet this week....my binky. And I notice in this picture that my lips look just like my little sister's. hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment