Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Traitor...Presenting at UCONN Today.


Sorry Syracuse, but I can't resist supporting literacy instruction, especially the opportunity to present on digital storytelling in the K-12 classroom. Although my research went in a different direction, my original plan of action was digitally focused (but since has become a natural habit). I am online. That's my nature. That is why I'm heading to the STORR's campus.

Thanks Laura Chautreau! I don't know you and I'm not using this in my presentation, but it is a wonderful example of the thought processes teachers use when crafting a digital story. What I love about your examples that you are being metacognitive about the choices you made (and doing so, digitally). I will most likely refer to this post, however.

Seriously, it is amazing what can be done when multimodalities and multiliteracies are supported in our classrooms. These tools are more familiar with kids. The use of images have always supported better writing and thinking and a need for sonic literacy adds a new layer to the composing process. Audiences are extremely real in this format and they matter more to young writers that the ways we currently test them. Laying out a digital story teaches a tremendous amount about organization, too.

No, this isn't an academic post, but it is a shout out to the digital communities I love to be a part of. Today, I get to join UCONN (Truth is, I have SU logos on my slides - Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment