Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Game. What is Julie's Face Saying and Why Is Lynn Smiling? @cwpfairfield

At first glance, I thought Julie Roneson, a leader at this summer's institute was eating a cookie (at close investigation, though, I see that it is a vegetable wrap). That is not why I write, however.

Julie is giving me the look that says,

  • Bryan, what did you do? 
  • Bryan, I don't believe you. 
  • Bryan, don't say it...don't say it. 
  • Bryan, I hate having my picture taken.
  • Bryan, Shaun is up to something and I can't tell you what it is, but Lynn knows.

Lynn is smiling because,

  • the camera didn't catch her off guard like it did Julie
  • Shaun is up to something and she likes his impish ways
  • she's daydreaming about Kelly Gallagher again 
  • she's getting a pedicure after work
  • the two successfully finished day one of the program.
Yet, Julie also wondered what I fed Beauty last night and, eeeks, I served her tomatoes out of a tin can (garlic roasted ones). She is allergic to tin and it caused a reaction (see Julie's first bullet). 

What I didn't tell Julie, however, is how Beauty and I went for a walk in my neighborhood and I failed to take into account that everyday people don't walk six miles for fun. I exhausted my poor guest as we walked in this heat. Worse, however, was when she followed me across the street and asked, "Bryan, what does the red hand on that light mean?" I answered, "Don't walk. Stop. It's not time to cross." 

This, however, is when I realized we were already crossing the street and the traffic was not happy with us. 

Poor Beauty, she really is living with the Beast.


No comments:

Post a Comment