Monday, July 1, 2013

Um, Cynde was right. Indoor furniture doesn't belong outside.

When I have out-of-town guests, I try to treat them with style. I, myself, don't need much, but when Cynde and Mike were coming to Connecticut, I knew I needed outdoor furniture. I left my other set in Cicero before I moved because it wouldn't fit in the Pod. I've lived without since.

Yet, while Cynde and Mike were heading this way, I ran up to Targets to see what they had. They deserved to be treated like a King and Queen while visiting so I found four chairs on clearance and bought them right away. Of course, they didn't fit in my car because I now drive a clown mobile. Actually, they did fit when I rearranged them but while I did, I noticed that one was broken, so I returned it. I only ended up with three. While I was in line, I also saw tables on clearance for $6. I said, "Hey, one of those will work for the weekend."

Cynde said when she saw it, "No. Bryan. That table will warp when it rains."

I said, "It was only $6. It will be fine."

Well, when I mowed the lawn last night, the table turned inward, lost its paneling, and transformed into into a dejected log. It warped....not as pretty as the one above, however. The one above is still holding together much better than the one I left out back.

I don't have an outdoor table any logger. I have wet wood. Looks like I will be hitting clearance items again sometime this week. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be frugal.

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! something like this also happen.. I dint knew that.. Even I thought that both Indoor And Outdoor Furniture don't have any specific difference.. but your post proved me wrong.. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,is it true, indoor and outdoor furniture should use in different place? I never know about this? Thanks a lot for sharing like this post.
    sleigh beds

    ReplyDelete