Sunday, July 28, 2013

Start Spreading the News

I didn't see Ellen anywhere in NYC and she took her sons to Book of Mormon. She was there, too, but not with us. Shoo.

Actually, Beauty and I covered China Town, Little Italy, the 911 Memorial, Battery Park, an attempt at the Nelson Mandela restaurant in Brooklyn (trains weren't running, however), a Tex-Mex restaurant, and the UN buildings. Her feet were fried and, at 7:30 p.m., she said, "Can we just go home?"

Now, it should be noted I've shopped with many in NYC, but Beauty gets the prize for most tchoskies (that's not spelled right and I don't care) in one visit. And then I had to carry everything for the rest of the day.

I also deserve an award for haggling with street vendors to get $30 caps down to $8 a piece if I bought 7....so I got all 8 for $56. Beauty then bought four of them off me for friends in Pretoria, and I kept three behind (most likely for me, Abu, and Lossine...although I'm leaning on keeping all three for me).

It was a BEAUTYful day and one for the record books in NYC. She wondered if we would have done as much if it was hot and I told her, "If we had last week's humidity, I wouldn't take you. There's nothing more obnoxious that the apple in heat"

It's 90 minutes by train, and although it took me two years to get my arse motivated, in the last two months I've been there three times. I want to go back again soon, too, by myself, so I can hang out with friends from high school, college and my teaching-Brown days. I want to explore new parts.


No comments:

Post a Comment