Monday, November 18, 2013

Bella, the wonder dog, a metaphor for my weekend.

To know me is to know the story of Sisyphus, but it can be expanded to the story of Bella, my older's sister's dog who has many peculiar behaviors including her obsessive quest to capture light in her mouth and stopping all reflections in their place. The dog is perfect in all ways: loving, humorous, beautiful, and friendly. Her flaw: she's absolutely insane and peculiar - words I use to describe myself.

So the video above was sent to me by Cynderballs after she tied a balloon to Bella's collar. It was full of helium and impossible for her to catch, but that didn't stop her. Was Sisyphus ever stopped from the tomfoolery of pushing his boulder up the hill? Have I given up on grading, reading, writing, and getting on top of my academic game?

I think there is something inherent about the mono-mania all species have to conquer that which is impossible to tackle. That is why I post this today. I am Bella. Bella is Sisyphus.

Sisyphus is all of us.

And enough of that. I'm going back to emptying the ocean with my fork. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment