Thursday, November 21, 2013

Writing Our Lives, Bank of America, Digital Guru, Coffee, and Annual Meeting Friends #NWPAM13

“HOMAGO”—a new term that refers to Hanging Out, Messing Around, and Geeking Out.

I spent the earlier part of this week preparing for the National Writing Project Annual Meeting in Boston that is held today, and created the handouts for my sessions: one solo and one with Shaun Mitchell from Central High School (featured to the right in a document that was cut onto cards).

This is why I am hanging out, messing around, and geeking out today!

This year, table talks will be the rage and 'shoppers' can move from space to space to hear 35 minute snapshots of the cool things NWP sites are doing. Shaun and I will discuss his digital guru-ness for podcasting (begun with a mini-grant he received and expanded through Connected Learning and his summer work in 2013). Then, I will present the Bank of America grant we received and how it exploded into the Writing Our Lives-Bridgeport event and scholarships for several to attend Young Writers' Institutes.

I'm trying something new this year, too, while traveling - I am not bringing my laptop and work only with lighter fare - my iPad. This makes me nervous, of course, but we'll see how it goes. Can I go 24 hours without a keyboard? (I know I can't - truth be told, that's why I wrote this 24 hours before it was to be posted...I didn't want to take a chance).

Either way,

 Good Morning, Good Day, and Good Evening Boston. I'm looking forward to everything we'll discuss in this jam-packed day. I'm all ears (as my fingers will not be tapping across the alphabet this year, recording my thoughts).

Viva! The Project!

No comments:

Post a Comment