Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I'm heading to Boston. I think I'm ready. Feels weird not to fly there, though.

While in Kentucky, I often flew to Boston, Massachusetts, to receive training through Annenberg and to find a role as a Critical Friends Coach. Today, however, it won't be airports and taxis. I will drive there because it is only two hours away.

Hello National Writing Project Annual Meeting. Glad to have you in my neck of the woods. Sorry about the temperature. It's a bit nippy out there and I am sorry.

Actually, I'm having a flashback to my long-haired days when were were at a conference center in MIT and I went for a run, but got lost. I ended up 10 miles away from where I was supposed to be and, upon entering a hotel, learned my mistake. I had to take a cab back, run into my room, grab my wallet and show up to my session late. I was drenched, too.

I'm not anticipating such an adventure for this trip. Instead, I'm looking forward to seeing friends from across the nation to gather and to discuss where we stand as an organization.

And with that, I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment