Friday, November 15, 2013

I shouldn't be happy about homemade Bailey's Cream on a Thursday night, but I am...

...and it's delicious

I think it is because I've been eating healthy for the last three months that Pam's homemade Bailey's cream with Irish whisky tasted perfect to me last night. Perhaps it is because the holidays are coming and this flavor comes across as the nectar of the holiday Gods (well, at least Santa Clause as a God).

All I know is that on a night before Friday, when the brain is fried and one only wants a short moment of solitude, this is the perfect treat. It was like chocolate milk with an adult attribute. It hit the spot perfectly and I'm very thankful that I neglected to bring the bottle home for some time. It would have been perfect with Molasses slabs or ginger snaps.

Yes, it was the perfect treat to unwind the week. If only I could share a glass with everyone I know and love. Seriously, we all deserve more treats like this. It might be the result of neglected tastebuds accustomed to the sweeter flavors of life, but this truly hit the spot.

Thanks, Pam.

TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment