Saturday, November 30, 2013

My intentions this Saturday are to Fix It and Forget-It

Potatoes were buy one get two free. I need to cook and whereas I wanted this year to be about soups, today seems like a perfect opportunity to give it a shot.

First I will peel. Then I will get my crock pot out. Then I will put potatoes in it. Later I will add milk, butter, and leeks. I think I shall add some garlic, too, and maybe, just maybe, some Italian sausage. I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm looking forward to making the mess (and depleting the lifetime supply of potatoes on my kitchen floor).

Wola! I will also have dinner for the week before I leave for Dallas and because I fixed it and forgot about it on Saturday. Smot, as they say in Maine. Very very smot.

I should point out that the recipe I'm following is also in the Swanson cookbook that Cynderballs got me last year for Christmas. I wonder what she'll get me this year.

I love having an extended weekend. It frees me up just enough to conquer my other yearlong goals. I know it is ridiculous, but cooking is not a top priority for me unless it's summer and I can barbecue or if I am having guests, which is rare.

I didn't benefit from leftovers on Thursday, so that is my goal for today.

Foreshadowing: The soup will more than likely turn out to be mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment