Monday, November 25, 2013

Dear Mr. J.C., get on your mother, Casey, and write me a letter, will you?

As your Uncle and your Godfather, I totally understand this face you're making. I also like the threads...I see you got the looks from me (as your mom has no taste - see last year's orange sweatshirt fiasco).

Anyway, I'm posting this because I've been waiting by my mailbox for a letter from you and Sean-Man detailing the items you're hoping for this holiday season. I've been rather busy, but this week my mind is transitioning to December and the hectic shopping world ahead.

Yes, I'm writing in a disappointed mood from U of L and Fairfield's losses yesterday, but I remain joyed by the presence of friends and the energy of NCAA basketball.

Even so, it's time to get my priorities straight and because I won't make it home for turkey (I need to write and focus in Connecticut for a while, AND the weather doesn't look to inviting in CNY). I will have time, however, to read a letter from you and your brother so I can begin thinking about spending quality time with you when I return. If you are like me, you're beginning to count down to the big day ahead. From the rumors I hear in the North Pole, it's going to be extra incredible this year. The elves are learning from Walmart employees about unionizing and this can only mean great things in the toy department.

It is your mother's job to read this to you. If she won't, call Mimi. She will. Write me a letter. Deal?

And I have a question for you. What do elves learn in school?

Give up.

The elf-abet!

No comments:

Post a Comment