Saturday, May 4, 2013

A week from today - Happy 40th Anniversary, Stripe and Yellow!

Next Saturday, May 11th, Trina Paulus, Stripe, and Yellow will be celebrating their 40th anniversary together in Montclair, New Jersey. The allegory of hope and flowers will be read in several languages to culminate the journey the book has taken. I am honored to be part of the Hope For The Flowers community and will attend the event from 1 to 4 p.m.

I am very much looking forward to meeting Trina Paulus in person and to share how her story has become part of my story: first as a high school student, then as a college student, followed by my years of teaching and with response to December 14th. All of this, of course, intertwines with the beautiful purple nature of my grandmother, AnERip. Her memory remains the most colorful butterfly in my world and it makes me proud to carry her spirit along with me for my own journey.

The sky is blue this morning and the horses are warming up for the Derby. I need to bake a cake for a friend's birthday and hope to do a bit of racing myself. With that said, I'm anxious about my Jersey trip next week. What a wonderful world (insert Louis Armstrong's music here).


No comments:

Post a Comment