Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Ultimate Distraction...

...is having out of town guests.

I got up and went to work yesterday and the presented at a conference in the afternoon. The twins stayed back to work on summer courses and catch up on Netflix. When I returned at 5:30, I cooked up steak and cous cous, then we went for a walk. They wanted Mocha from Mickey D's so we headed in that direction. I did a vanilla milkshake...totally classic and worth it.

Abu said to me this morning, "Crandall, you're not going to know what to do with the quiet when we leave." I thought about it and it will be like when Cynde, Mike and their kids leave or Casey, Dave and their kids. The quiet is disturbing at first, but soon I am comfortable in it. I grew up working with noise coming in all directions (Okay, it was Sands in the Hour Glass). I don't mind writing, reading, or thinking while the t.v. is on - the screaming at the television, however, with $%$#%#$% is a bit more startling. Mom never used such language to curse out Marlena and Roman.

Today, I shall go back in for more work (and chiseling down the piles). The guests plan on sleeping all day - which is fine by me.

Where are these storms we're supposed to be getting?

No comments:

Post a Comment