Sunday, May 26, 2013

Duck Bowling, Fajitas, and Oreo Cookies

Yesterday was a celebration of Lois that began with video games at the house, an hour of duck pin bowling, and a few nachos at a Mexican restaurant. Luis was great and when we hit the expressway, we did what was custom, we expressed our appreciation for everyone in the car. I expressed how great it was that my life changed in 2009 when I met Abu and Lossine. Luis expressed how awesome it was to be in the car with people who liked to bowl. Lossine expressed his appreciation for his trip to Connecticut and Abu expressed how much he appreciates becoming part of the Crandall family and learning its extensions every year (including today's trip to Amagansett to fish with my cousin.

Really, the blessings are all mine as I am thrilled to have the mental distractions. As Pam and I noted today in $5 and Below, it seems impossible that it has been two weeks. Neither of us are sure if we've begun to process the emotions that come with Lois's parting.

And so, by the time you read this we should be on the Port Jefferson ferry heading to Long Island for a few days. Looks like Monday will be all sun - a good day to be by the water with poles in our hands. Hopefully I will get some R&R while there, before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment