Sunday, May 19, 2013

Focused on a reason to smile...

...the smile of my niece, Nikki, and the smirk of my God son, Jacob Charles.

Beautiful.

It's been a challenging seven days with many emotions bouncing in every direction. It seems like yesterday that Kirsten Perra and I were heading to the Sheraton to do our senior ball before a summer before embarking off to Binghamton. Cherry Heights. Amalfi Drive. Evesborough. CNS.

The blink of an eye and so much time passes. The stories begin anew, fold over, and move behind us. Talking to Cynderballs last night I said, "I guess this is mid-life where meaning and reality offers new twists and turns for us to think about."

A saturday. Time to think about dirt, perennials, and a new tomorrows. May they be as fulfilling as the adventures that came before them.

No comments:

Post a Comment