Friday, May 3, 2013

Oaks Day, and Pammy came by with pre-Derby Hats

Yesterday, I saw many photographs from the Derby Parade in Louisville with the celebrities, the NCAA champions, and shots of Broadway. It made me miss my Kentucky community and to recall the days spent in the tornado-risky period that is May in Louisville.

When I first arrived to the bluegrass state I could afford the Oaks and Derby, but as years meandered forward the cost of attending grew more steep. Still, whenever I hear My Ol' Kentucky Home I still feel an alliance to the horses, spirit, and sprint that is the fastest two-minutes in sports.

That is why I'm pleased that Pammy is hosting a Derby party in honor of her birthday where she plans on dressing us up as horses and making us run laps around her house. I will bring the bourbon and the energy of a gorgeous spring day.

(insert trumpet call here). 

No comments:

Post a Comment