Friday, May 24, 2013

And I suppose this is a symbolic photograph...

in more ways than one.

Two weeks ago, I lost a dear colleague and friend. This gave way to a scratched car, a conference for 115 youth, a dead possum, and the loss of a tooth while eating lasagna.

Yesterday I had this tooth worked on and, two hours later, I braved an actual photograph of what I looked like. See, the tooth turned out to be abnormal with more canals than typical, resulting in a triple root canal on one tooth. The doctor (who was wearing goggles upon goggles as he worked) said, "Son, you have a weird tooth here. If you weren't my patient, I'd want to tear this tooth out to show all my colleagues. With that noted, "I mumbled in novocaine, plastic mouth "It's okay, I'm a weird guy."

I have to admit that when I snapped a photograph while in the dentist chair, this is not what I anticipated seeing from the shot. I looked down and saw the purple dental dam, but I had no idea that this was the frontal view.

Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment