Sunday, May 5, 2013

Connecticut Derby...the Day After

Yesterday, I purchased my first bow tie for $2 at Kohl's and decided I should look like Pinnochio for the day in celebration of the Oaks...I mean Derby. I also bought Woodford Preserves and made Mint Juleps to take with me to a Happy B'Derbyday party with Pam, Shirley, Leo, and Bev.

The day began with tequila and moved toward whisky and I was able to grill some mighty fine chicken. I also made vegetarian pita sandwiches to counter the chicken and, of course, the Kentucky cake made famous by Alice.

Halfway through the evening, Pam announces that she wants to have a horse race and explains she pulled all of her Beanie babies together and made poles.  She then described how she envisioned a horse race with everyone doing laps around her house and the winner would win cash. I didn't quite think we would make it to this event, but if you scroll down further, you will see the actual race that ensued.

Funny, by 9 p.m. all of us were ready for bed and I came home to sleep. Today I am walking/running for autism somewhere north of here and I knew I couldn't have too much fun on Derby or I would be useless tomorrow.

I think I like the bow tie look, but I need to find the right hat to go with it. Not happy with this one and plan to return it tomorrow. You now have permission to sing My Ol' Kentucky Home.



No comments:

Post a Comment