Sunday, March 17, 2013

Loyal to both, disappointed no matter what the result.

Actually, the truth lies in whatever team is the underdog. Even so, I couldn't help but me impressed by Louisville's strength in the second half. I have to admit, I wanted to see Syracuse with the upset and thought they we're heading that way, but the Louisville team simply powered the courts and they deserve the back to back championships. I hope they bring this to the NCAA tournament and that Syracuse finds it within themselves to make a strong run, too.

I guess I can be thankful for the game because I graded half the midterms out of nerves. I got ahead on my scoring which makes me smile.

As Elizabeth Russell, noted, my basketball loyalties will continue to be conflicted for years to come. Although the Big East has faltered, both my teams will go forth in the ACC. What are the chances their tournament will come to the Garden, though? No good, and this makes me sad.

I said before the game that coaching would play a tremendous part on whatever team wins. I can't ignore the program that Rick Pitino builds. Something he does really works. I'm thinking last night's results suck, but I'm also proud of the traditions that continue from the years I used to watch Denny Crum's coaching.

And, yes, I am thankful that neither the Cards or the Orange are in fluorescent colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment