Friday, March 15, 2013

Moments like these are worth everything...He's still my BOSS!

My man, Principal Ron Freeman, flew to NYC to see his Cards play. Knowing he was coming, I couldn't resist, and I trained in from Stratford. In fact, I didn't even where orange (even though they won, too). My train broke down on the way, but I made it.

Ron Freeman is, hands down, one of the greatest human beings on earth. He led the Brown School for most of the time I was there and was a champion for ALL students and teachers. He had the miraculous ability and leadership to see through the bull and he pushed his staff to do what mattered most - TEACH THE KIDS. Ron advocated for our students, helped transition us to being one of the top schools in the state, and gave every ounce of his being to the  success of everyone around him. He is one of my role models and made a tremendous impact on my life-goals and vision. I could not be the man I am today without his amazing contributions (Ubuntu, indeed).

In 1997, Ron Freeman hired me and that made all the difference.

Everyone who knows Ron Freeman sees the irreplaceable, remarkable human being that he is. The only thing he placed above those he worked with were the Louisville Cards. What an honor to meet him at his hotel to watch Syracuse and to go to Madison Square Garden (via two bars) to see  Louisville win. I can only shake my head in disbelief (and not the $36 dollar spent for two beers and two hotdogs inside the arena). It's been six years since I left Kentucky and almost eight years since Ron Freeman retired from the Brown. We are approaching a decade and those of us who had his influence were fortunate, indeed.

Meeting with him again in 2013 - WOW. Go Cards! (Go Cuse!). The two of us have many more games to see together in the ACC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment