Friday, March 29, 2013

This Friday is Gooder Than Most.

I'm all about the TGIF today.

In the last few weeks, I've been to NYC, DC, and Rhode Island. I've led workshops in two different cities and taught a variety of classes. I've graded midterms and met with Superintendents. And, I'm officially cooked.

The trouble is that this gooder-than-most Fridays is followed by busier-than-most weekends and an even busier-than-most couple of weeks to follow. My roommate said to me tonight. "You look white like you never sleep."

I am white. I am trying to sleep. My mind races, however, when I try to sleep. That is why I'm hoping to get rest this weekend. Of course, it doesn't help that I stayed up late to watch last night's game.

But it is a gooder Friday and I hope to use it to catch up on reading, grading, planning, and running. I picked up groceries so that is a check. If I can have it my way, my car won't leave the driveway until next Monday.

Alas, I already know this will not happen.

Happy Gooder Friday than most, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment