Monday, March 4, 2013

Yesterday, back to the grind. Today, grinding with happiness.

I'm very thankful I took the weekend to be normal. By that, I mean I spent time with friends and family, didn't read or grade, worked very little on time, and had much face to face time. I loved it.

Monday, however, I paid for it and a slight depression overcame me. No matter how many minutes I spent to catch up with lost time, I felt like I was accomplishing nothing. Returning to a 14 hour day and spending every second on reaching goals is what it took, but I didn't feel any i's were dotted or t's crossed. Perhaps this is I'm more optimistic for Tuesday. I have three meetings and a class to teach.

I did get groceries. That's an accomplishment, and I taught Lois how to use her IPad to make music. She's a riot. I also worked with a colleague to interpret our student evaluations (nice to have that community mentorship). But, I didn't solve any of the giant snafus that have surfaced (and note: I'm whining here, can't you tell?)

Alright, today is another day. We shall overcome. If not, oh well. I continue to tap dance as fast as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment