Thursday, March 7, 2013

Package from the 'Ville came today...

and it put a smile on my face: two long sleeve t-shirts and one flannel vest. I ordered them in hopes they would arrive in time for Syracuse's game, but was glad, too, they didn't arrive because my support was with 'Cuse that day (even though they lost).

With that said, the arrival made me nostalgic for my second home that I love with much pride - Louisville. Although I grew up near Syracuse, I grew-up, grew-up, in Kentucky as an adult. Here, two degrees at the University shaped me, great friends entered my life, and hundreds of students taught me how to teach. They made all the difference and I became who I am because of the influences they made.

I miss the Irish Rover. I miss Alice and Charlie. I miss room 301. I miss going to games and the threat of tornadoes. I miss the humidity. I miss driving throughout all the neighborhoods that make that city what it is.

My ol' principal, Ron, texted me to say he's thinking about coming to NYC to support the Cards in the Big East tournament. I'm thinking it would be smart for me to do the same. I now have the right clothing, as I picked up a lot of 'Cuse wear while home and now can, once again, represent the 'Ville.

Am I a traitor? Nope. I just have more places to represent.

No comments:

Post a Comment