Wednesday, March 6, 2013

This was me yesterday...

...when I heard there was a possibility that a winter storm might come to Connecticut. There was a 50/50 chance it might blow out to sea, so I stood on my front porch and began offering it advice over the Long Island Sound. I did my best to encourage it to travel towards the Atlantic.

Throughout the day, however, I believe the giant "suck" of the northeast inhaled and drew the storm back inland. We're not expecting a harsh hit like we experienced NEMO, but they didn't predict that hit either. The though of more delays to our community has me frustrated and aggravated.

The focus on The Weather Channel has centered on DC and Boston. Their predictions look like the coast line of Connecticut will only get a couple of inches with the possibility of high winds. The chances for snow, however, are 90% and it will begin while I'm teaching a graduate course. I'm hoping this will not cause panic in the students as I need and want to see them tonight. There is a slight chance it will be rain, but the track continues to be updated with more sour news.

Does my dad's birthday, March 6th, count as the beginning of March and does this mean it will go out like a lamb. Either way, Happy Birthday dad...in honor of your day I will do the snowblowing down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment