Saturday, October 5, 2013

Boots Made For The Entire Journey

Worn by Tiana French.

The year was 2003, I believe, and Tiana went with me to Denmark to chaperone 34 Brown School students on a summer voyage of winds, Tuborg, friendships, and Danish Scrabble. In October, Tiana's plan was to marry John, her boyfriend from college, but she needed a pair of shoes to go with her dress.

The angst about the perfect shoes was a subject that she and Ulla (RIP) discussed at length. I'm not sure how it happened or where they came from, but Tiana came back to our Skirvogne (trailer) one night and said, "I finally found the shoes."

This is my memory, however. There is probably a better story than I'm stating here.

Yesterday, Tiana posted the shoes again. It's her anniversary and her "Love" kicks are, once again, to celebrate her relationship since then. Wow, has it really been ten years? I'm trying to piece the puzzle together, because I know my sister and her boyfriend at the time, Dave, went with me to the Kentucky wedding. Of course, Casey married Dave and they have two boys of their own.

It all begins to blur.

Even so, I'm loving the memories the sneakers 'kicked off' for me last night, including all those that I've not been a part of. Tiana and John now have a son culminating out of those love boots. Yes, Ulla, you continue to be an angel guiding our nomadic paths even if you are missed immensely. Alderdom beskytter ikke mod dÃ¥rskab. We continue to be fools in our follies and this is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment