Sunday, October 20, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dopplegangers! 21! @abubility @lbility

Abu & Lossine, 2013
I didn't put two and two together until today. Lossine texted a few days ago with his idea about Syracuse/Duke tickets, but it didn't occur to me until this morning. I thought, "Hey, February tickets to the Dome would be great 21st birthday gifts for the twins!" I went online immediately to get them and, lo and behold, they were sold out. I snooze, they lose. My bad.

21 years old today. That's 21 in real-years and not national Refugee Birthday years (They've been 21 since January 1st). Not that it matters  (they don't drink), but now they can get into bars legally. 

C o n t i n u e.

It's hard to say or do anything that would top their visit to Connecticut last summer, so I will simply say, Happy Birthday. In 2007, I left Kentucky and didn't know what I'd find. Sure enough, I found a couple of imps who speak Mandinglish and who don't share Oreos with little kids.

Stuck in OSJL bathroom
And I will leave them with a short story that should make their day. I stopped with my parents at Ocean State Job Lots, a run-down/Big Lots-like store, and I really had to pee. I ran into the back of store and found an employee bathroom in their stock room. I noticed the door handle was loose, but I went in anyway. Guess what? The door handle was broke and I got stuck.  My parents were wandering the store wondering where I was and I was banging on the walls hoping someone would hear me and let me out. No one did.  I had to look up the store's number on my iPhone to call the front desk. 

"I'm stuck in your toilet," I screamed. "Your door handle is broken." 

The guy thought I was pranking the store. I continued, "No. Seriously. I am locked in your bathroom. 

When they came to the rescue, they brought all the employees with them, laughing at the fool who snuck in their bathroom. When they unlatched the door, I simply walked by them with a red face.

Abu and Lossine, have a great day today. I will be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment