Tuesday, October 8, 2013

It's Too Early For This, But There's A Metaphor I Need Right Now

I will be brief. I am not even sure if I grabbed the right clip. But, I'm posting this last minute and reflecting on the drama of Rudolph trying to find Baby New Year before Eon, the vulture, gets him. Why does Eon want Baby New Year? He needs to stop another year from passing so he, as a bird, won't pass himself.

In other words, he's trying to stop time.

Um, Eon is sort of scary, but I need to stop time, too. I simply need to freeze 24 hours so I can catch up and get work done before its due day. This also requires me to meet with the people that need to help me to get it done. This, of course, can't be done because I'm pulled in other directions for meetings. Of course, this is in addition to the courses that need to be taught, the grading, the planning, and finding time to eat.

Welcome to Academia! Actually, Welcome to Teaching, Period!

Still, I can draw on an ol' animated story, can't I? I don't want to be Rudolph today or Baby New Year. I want to be Eon and to have the power to peck the eyes out of both.

This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment