Saturday, October 26, 2013

It's Crisp. The Skyline Seeks Winter.

I suppose this is the transition period. A year ago this time southern Connecticut was anticipating Hurricane Sandy. Today in Connecticut, it is just plain cold. I spent my day at home working on recommendation, readings, and downloading software updates that, although minor, means a day of reorganizing all my accounts. It is frustrating to see how digital our world and identity are, and as soon as one item changes, a domino effect on all other items occurs. Of course, remembering passwords and user names is not as easy as one would think.

Anyway, the skyline tonight was wonderful, although the air was crisp. I have amazing optimism for accomplishing the tasks on a tremendous checklist. Yet, with every item knocked off, four more pile up in emails. It's a never ending battle that, I suppose, is something I just need to get used to. It will not get easier, nor will it get more difficult.

I wonder, though, what luddites do in times like we live in now. Can they really get by with 100% anonymity without an online presence? If so, I am jealous. I see such people as 21st century ninjas able to maneuver beyond the radar of sign-ins and histories. They are those who resist the FEED. Good for them.

Happy weekend. I'm heading to my office to get on top of my game. I've been drawing up a plan and I need a productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment