Saturday, October 19, 2013

Nothing like a good sandwich...

...day two of the parental units.

Connecticut leaves - 1
Butch - 0

The days started out with my father claiming he could get the massive amount of leaves removed from my yard with a leaf blower and I left him with that challenge. I went for a run. When I returned, he gave in. "You're right," he said. "Just as I made one path, another vat of leaves fell from the trees."

That's why I wait until they all come down.

We toured Fairfield's campus, ate delicious sandwiches at the Firehouse Deli in Fairfield, stopped by the campus bookstore, then went on a scurry run to find my father's misplaced debit card. We were not successful. At least we tried.

And I fed them spaghetti for dinner. No, it wasn't their famous sauce, but I have to say, I held my own and they enjoyed the kick of my sauce. I did learn, however, that tomato paste is what thickens up a sauce. Everyday I learn something. Now that I know this, I will be able to extend their cold-weather tradition with a thicker sauce in Connecticut. I look forward to mastering the recipe some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment