Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A day of shifting

It looks like Tuesday will be a washout so I may head back to Connecticut a little earlier than planned. I hoped to get beach time this morning, but it is more like a water fest, so I most likely will hit the road sooner than expected to catch an earlier ferry.

Last night, the Tives, including Mark, took me to dinner in Montauk where we had Thai mussels, fish, and a few cocktails. It felt like a September evening with the cool air, but it was good to have everyone together at one table.

Mark's benefit was a huge success, held once again by his friends the Kazickas in their home that was once inhabited by Arthur Miller and Marilyn Monroe. The crowd was great and the atmosphere superb. It was worth the 8 hours of set up on Sunday and the 6 hours of take down yesterday. I love that I begin my vacation with physical labor and the full-energy mode of the Hoops4Hope benefit in August. Of course, every second is worth it.

One can't complained when they are in these parts as it is part agricultural with lots of farms, part fisherman's port, and part seaport. Of course, throw in the rich and ridiculous and it is part overwhelming. There are no words for the extreme wealth that exists in these parts and how much the world is their playground. Still, I am a better man for knowing it (I think).

...on the road again...

No comments:

Post a Comment