Sunday, August 11, 2013

And the sun sets to the west

After a day of running errands for the Cos, I stopped by the bay to watch the sun set (and it was in the opposite space from where I was sitting). Still, I wanted to see the colors and I got there in time to capture the black sand and the orange/pink. green tinted blue sky - a great way to end a productive day.

The art work is collected. The uncle made the bidding sheets. The trucks are packed with supplies and the liquor was delivered. Really, today, all that needs to occur is set up and the enjoyment of art, good food, and the Long Island air.

I also ran into a Black Racer snake while running today...a rather long reptile that crossed my bath along the ocean heading from the brush towards the beach. I didn't quite believe my eyes (as it was as dark as the sand photo to the left), but when I returned home to look it up, I saw they were prevalent in this area.

In addition, I had my first DOSA, a light, crispy, sour dough crepe made of rice that serves as an alternative to break. The result was a delicious sandwich which wasn't as heavy. The chutney, too, was delicious. Now I want to learn to make them at home so I have an alternative to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. All I need are onions, spinach, chicken, tomatoes and whatever other vegetable I want for flavoring.

By the way, I believe this bay above is where they filmed parts of JAWS. I could be wrong. Most likely, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment