Friday, August 9, 2013

And a mini-break begins

I arrived safely to Long Island to do what I can to help the Cos who is hosting the Hoops4Hope benefit this Sunday evening. Until that night, I'm going to aim for morning runs, day-time beach, and evening walks. Tonight, I scored with my goal taking Wyatt to the water. Although humid, the air by the waves was rather cool.

They predicted a day of rain, but really it turned into a day of sun and quality Amagansett time. I was able to visit with the 'tives at Hotel Amagansett, and had and afternoon cocktail in their abode.

My new thinking is that I need to live somewhere near waves...the Long Island sound cuts it...sort of..., but it is not the lapping sound of the Atlantic or the winds pushing sand. I could very easily get into a routine of beach life, yet I wonder if the close proximity would keep me from enjoying it so much.

Today's goal: to wake up and let what happens, happen. I know it is impossible to totally break away from work, but I will try to do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment