Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Taking time off is unfortunate...because we usually get sick.

Three nights ago, a sinus migraine that made me want to vomit. Two nights ago, a runny nose dripping into my throat. Last night, a continuation of a runny nose and the movement down to my chest.

But I have news for the Mucinex monsters. I ran five miles today and walked five miles. I also scored a set of four boxes of tissues, each with their own monster theme. I'm ready to fight them off.

I think to my childhood with eczema and the rashes all over my body (and those terrible nights at camp when Mr. Nu, cigarette smoke, and nature kept me wide awake - I miss AnERip's steam baths where I inhaled hot water from under a towel). Then I moved to Kentucky, and I lived 15 years with the impossible Ohio Valley, often becoming paralyzed because of the pain the pollen caused my sinuses. Now, in Connecticut, I have this water eye syndrome and nasal faucet. I'd love to find the location where I could breathe 365 days with ease.

I am thankful, however, as many of my friends, including Alice, are often hospitalized from such inflictions - I am lucky not to be asthmatic. So, I will blow my nose in appreciation that things could be a whole lot worse. Seems rather odd, though, to crave chicken noodle soup in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment