Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Throw back...thinking about younger days.

I'm not sure where I was when I first heard this version of "Bizarre Love Triangle" by Frente. I know she covered it from previous recordings and I think it was in a movie I saw once and that is how I found it. All I remember is that I often listened to the song in my early 20s and had it on my play mixes: first cassettes, then CDs, and now in ITunes. Not sure what it means or why I like it so much, but it does capture a period of my life.

I am supposed to go into work today to finish off projects but I am voting for staying home. I think I am more productive when it is known that I am not in my office. I have a lot of laptop work that can occur on my couch and not my desk.  I am in need of mental, physical, and spiritual relaxation - a week of no-brain everything where I ride the winds in the ways they throw me. I know I want to walk a lot, to read, to run, and to slow down my brain.

Whenever events end, I always feel this tremendous let down, wondering what just happened. My year has gone non-stop since last fall and this Spring, well, the semester ended with sadness...a sadness that continues to trickle into my understanding of life. Still, I persevere and work hard, but I do miss Lois Minto and her sense of humor. I miss the friendship in Connecticut tremendously.

And tonight, I go and see Stephen Colbert in NYC. I have no reason to complain. I simply need to move into reflective mode for a while. And I need to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment