Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Whoops...I forgot the coffee mug

Dear Uncle Milford and Aunt Sue,

Expect a package in the mail.

See, I drove away from Hotel Amagansett over a week ago with the Amagansett Fire Department coffee mug in my little car and your map of Long Island. I knew I had to return it and being sharp and clever, I remembered discussing orange-cranberries with Aunt Sue. I told her she needed to try them in a salad (you get them at Trader Joes) and so I went to the store in Fairfield to purchase her a couple of packages (unless Mark wants one...then she only gets one package for herself). I also recalled that during dinner in Montauk on my last night, Mark mentioned he liked the pattern on my shorts and I thought, "Wouldn't a good cousin...no, a GREAT cousin... find a pair of shorts just like the ones that were complimented?"

Nope. I failed. I went to the same store in Connecticut, but they were sold out. That is why I drove to visit my CNY home somewhat disgruntled.

But then I went to Syracuse, my father needed new shoes, and we went shopping (Yes, I know...Butch and a Son of a Butch shopping together - it wasn't as bad as it sounds). Guess what? I found the shorts at the store and purchased them for Mark. They're not his exact size, but they come with a belt. He can tighten. They should fit.

Therefore, I returned to Connecticut to put together a package of your coffee cup, the orange-cranberries, the borrowed maps, and Mark's new attire. In fact, I mailed it today (and if you haven't been to a Post Office lately, I don't recommend it. It is complete chaos...if they were disgruntled postal workers before, man they are pissed-off employees today. Oof. Not enjoyable at all).

Anyway, after mailing the package to you, I came home for a long run. And guess what was sitting on my counter? The god-forsaken Amagansett Fire Department coffee mug!!!!

 I think I will keep it for another year unless you really, really want it back.

The package should arrive in a couple of days.

Bry

No comments:

Post a Comment