Sunday, August 18, 2013

August has brought a new tradition

My mom likes to tell the story of my little league days when I slid into second base and, well, slid around six feet too soon. Therefore, I had to crawl the rest of the way. These were my butterball days and I can imagine it was a great laugh. I loved the sport, but was never given the athletic prowess to be awesome at it, especially as a chunk-meister.

Fast forward to now and the month of August, when the spring baseball season finds a culmination with the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. It's so easy to get hooked into the games and enthusiasm of the parents as the stories are told. I think it is great that ESPN and ABC have partnered to make this a summer ritual. I became hooked when the Valley team of Louisville, Kentucky, in 2002. Now, I can watch the series to keep a semblance of excitement on t.v. as the summer ends.

But these allergies? Rip my eyes out and wash them, already, will you? They're driving me nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment